Commute Green NH
Regional Events & Info
Central New Hampshire
The Central New Hampshire Regional Planning Commission's Program for Alternative Transportation & Health and its partners are kicking off the Statewide Challenge by celebrating National Bike to Work Week.
The Central New Hampshire Bicycling Coalition is kicking off the festivities with the 4th Annual Concord Area Bicycle Swap at S&W Sports. The Swap will be May 12 (9am-6pm) and May 13 (9am-noon). For more information, go to www.cnhbc.org.
CNHRPC is also partnering with Concord Area Transit from May 14-18 for an awesome promotion. Anyone who lives, works or commutes through in the region, should first register themselves for the Statewide Challenge. After registering, contact Nik Coates at or 603-226-6020 and let him know you registered. You will then receive 5 1-day bus passes completely free!
Throughout the week, there will be other fun events to participate in, including:
- Work Off Your Bagel Commuter Breakfast - 5/14: 7-9am at the Statehouse, including bike checks from Eastern Mountain Sports
- Get Away From Work Happy Hour - 5/15: 6-8pm at Hermanos
- Block Party Like It's 1999 - 5/16: 11-1pm at Graphic Packaging International, including bike checks from Eastern Mountain Sports
- I Hate Traffic Free Rock 'n Race Bike Valet - 5/17: 4-8pm, Merrimack County Savings Bank
- National Bike to Work Day Breakfasts - 5/18: 7-9am at Statehouse for the general public and 7-9am at the Department of Environmental Services for state employees. Statehouse event includes bike checks from Eastern Mountain Sports.
CNHRPC and the Department of Environmental Services want to keep you motivated to keep green commuting until the end of the Statewide Challenge. Stop by and get complimentary breakfast items for Third Annual Fossil Fuel Free Friday series:
- June 15, 7-9am at Eagle Square and the Department of Environmental Services
- July 20, 7-9am at Eagle Square and the Department of Environmental Services
- August 17, 7-9am at the Statehouse and the Department of Environmental Services
- September 21, 7-9am at the Statehouse and the Department of Environmental Services
- October 19, 7-9am at the Statehouse and the Department of Environmental Services
Many thanks to our food, prize and service sponsors including: the Works Bakery Cafe, Boloco, Hermanos, S&W Sports, Goodales Bike Shop, Eastern Mountain Sports, Merrimack County Savings Bank, and Graphic Packing International.