Events happening in the towns of Alexandria, Alton, Andover, Ashland, Barnstead, Belmont, Bridgewater, Bristol, Center Harbor, Danbury, Effingham, Franklin, Freedom, Gilford, Gilmanton, Hebron, Hill, Holderness, Laconia, Meredith, Moultonborough, New Hampton, Northfield, Ossipee, Sanbornton, Sandwich, Tamworth, Tilton, Tuftonboro, and Wolfeboro are being organized by the Lakes Region Planning Commission.
For more information about events happening in this region, or to volunteer, please contact Michael Izard, Lakes Region Planning Commission,
Bike or Walk
A host of bike and walking trails are open for use in the Lakes Region. Consider the following options:
- EVENT: Take a walk, or bike to work and enjoy a FREE cup of coffee on the WOW trail for Green Commuter's Week. This Friday May 20th at 8:30-10:30am at the Mouton St. entrance. Be active, be Green and enjoy the outdoors. Sponsored by Lakes Region Healthy Eating Active Living.
- Cotton Valley Trail: Wolfeboro to Wakefield winter maintained for snowmobile use. Check trail conditions for walking and biking at: http://www.cottonvalley.org/
- WOW Trail (Winnisquam, Opechee, Winnipesaukee): a 4-season trail connecting downtown Laconia to Elm Street, open to non-motorized uses such as walking, running/jogging, bicycle riding and cross country skiing: http://www.wowtrail.com/
- Winnipesaukee River Trail: This trail, spanning from the railroad trestle in Franklin to Park Street in Northfield, is open to all non-motorized users. http://www.traillink.com/trail/winnipesaukee-river-trail-.aspx
- Your local sidewalk and crosswalk system!
- The Winnipesaukee Transit System provides daily bus service between Franklin and Laconia with stops along the route in Belmont and Tilton. For schedule and fare information visit their website at: www.bm-cap.org/wts.htm
- The Blue Loon is a new demand response public transportation service currently operating in the Lakes Region communities of Ossipee, Moultonborough, Tamworth, and Wolfeboro. Contact Carroll County Transit to make arrangements: http://www.carrollcountytransit.info/demand_response.html
Consider sharing your commute. Lakes Region Park and Ride lots are located in:
- Belmont http://www.nh.gov/dot/nhrideshare/p30.htm
- New Hampton http://www.nh.gov/dot/nhrideshare/p23.htm
- Tilton http://www.nh.gov/dot/nhrideshare/p22.htm
Find or post a ride with the following services:
- Rideshare NH: https://www.nh.gov/dot/nhrideshare/
- Craigslist Rideshare: http://nh.craigslist.org/rid/